Thursday, August 6, 2015

Back to the Writing Life.

It's been a while since my last post. That's because there were many things that needed wrapping up before I could return to the writing life. The most important among them was closing out--yet again--my days as a high school teacher. For me, it was important to bow out on a high note, and that required my full attention and devotion.

Now, however, I am free to plunge into my writing obsessions once again--and those currently revolve around the Camino de Santiago and Saint Francis of Assisi. I'm in the midst of a research frenzy, getting ready for my next two writing projects.

I'll will be leaving Panama on September 15 to embark on my second pilgrimage--this time starting in Saint Jean Pied de Port, in France. I'm allowing myself eight weeks to walk across northern Spain all the way to Finisterre--the end of the earth.

I've been blessed with a wife who understands and fully supports my writing madness. In fact, she created the wonderful workspace seen in the photograph above.

At this point, all I can add is that I love having the time to write again.
Life is good, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home