Monday, December 22, 2014

See You on The Other Side of Christmas

As I pack my bags to spend Christmas with Erinn’s family, in North Carolina, I wish to take advantage of this opportunity that thank all of you who steal a moment from your valuable leisure time to visit my blog.

My wife and I depart tomorrow for North Carolina. I know it has become a cliché, but the reassuring thing about Christmas is the chance to affirm the importance of family ties.  

What’s particularly comforting for me about this time of the year is that Erinn’s family has become my own. They welcomed me without question into the fold and have given me a strong sense of belonging. The spirit of Christmas doesn't get any better than that.

I mentioned this loving bond earlier this year in the post “Looking Forward to Christmas.” 

While in Nashville, North Carolina, I will be able to take long walks. This year, my walks will take on a special meaning as they will serve as practice for my first pilgrimage along the Camino de Santiago—an obsession I wrote about in “A New Fixation.”  

I wish each of you a joyous holiday in the company of those you love. To celebrate the occasion, I leave you with one of my favorite Christmas songs. It's by Chris Rea, one of the best songwriters in the world.

See everyone on the other side of Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home