Monday, October 20, 2014

Another Nicaraguan Book Tour

I’m blessed to have angels who watch over my literary welfare. Sandra Mariela Peña and Mary Helen Espinosa are two of them, helping me launch my first book tours in Nicaragua.

Then, Troy Fuss, an American ex-pat who is co-owner of Lucha Libro Books in Granada, joined the celestial clan to host a couple of successful readings in my adopted hometown.
Now, Troy has outdone himself. He has organized a Four-Author Mega-Book-Tour of Nicaragua. 

Joining me in this adventure are Joseph Frazier, author of El Salvador Could Be like that; Kenneth Morris, author of Unfinished Revolution: Daniel Ortega and Nicaragua’s Struggle forLiberation; and Jim Lynch, author of the novel Whores: A Political Saga.

I will be reading from The Saint of Santa Fe.

Our tour of Nicaragua begins Saturday, November 1 in San Juan del Sur at the bookstore and café El Gato Negro.

From there it’s on to Granada for the main event, which will take place on Sunday, November 2.
Lucha Libro Books is the event sponsor, which will be held at the restaurant La Hacienda, starting at 6:30 p.m.

We will  take a day off before heading to the city of León for an event hosted by Búho Books.
This event will be held on Tuesday, November 4 at La Olla Quemada. It starts at 6 p.m. For me, it will be a happy reunion with Marthe Kalleklev—the Norwegian ex-pat who owns Búho Books and who hosted my reading and book-signing in León last year.

It’s always wonderful for me to go back to Nicaragua, especially to see these angels once again.

I invite my friends and all English-language readers who live near any of these events to join us.

I suspect these roundtables, with four highly opinionated writers, will be memorable events.
       


1 Comments:

At January 17, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Blogger Rolando Tellez said...

Great! www.nicaraguanbooks.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home