Monday, July 25, 2011

A Dream Mini-Book-Tour


The community of Boquete is a haven for ex-pats from all over the developed world, in particular the United States. An estimated 6,000 Americans have retired there, attracted by the weather and the beauty of the mountains of Chiriqui.

Deb Eisberg, a Boquete resident for several years now, learned about my work and organized two readings and discussions centered on my second novel, Meet Me under the Ceiba. Deb convinced several book clubs to read the work prior to my visit, and as a result the discussions were inspiring. Every writer dreams of having an audience of astute readers who have carefully examined his or her work.


While in Boquete, I also had the opportunity to read from Love Made Visible. The audience response was extremely encouraging as the segments I shared were warmly-received.


I now have an open invitation to return to Boquete, and I shall do so as soon as my next novel is out. I am working diligently now to make that a reality within the next two years.

My experience with the superb readers of Boquete is one I can hardly wait to repeat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home